- 1A gelatinous substance obtained from a kind of aloe, used especially in cosmetics as an emollient and for the treatment of burns.More example sentences
- The liquid creatine of today has come a long way with the help of ingredients such as soybean oil, colloidal mineral complexes and aloe vera gel.
- If babies are teething, rub peppermint oil or aloe vera gel on the gums, or give them a teaspoon of the chamomile/ginger tea brew as needed.
- Sun Dog offers a solution for that winter-induced dry skin with new hand and body lotions made with only natural ingredients, like aloe vera, vegetable glycerin and organic hemp oil, and free of chemical preservatives.
- 2The plant that yields aloe vera, grown chiefly in the Caribbean area and the southern US.
More example sentences
- Aloe vera, family Liliaceae (or Aloaceae)
- The aloe vera plant is grown typically in dry areas and is actually a member of the lily family, although it has a more cactus like appearance.
- They resembled a cross between a cactus and an aloe vera plant; thick and fleshy, with hairs extruding from their tendrils.
- You can grow your own aloe vera plants, or purchase the stabilised liquid extract or gel from your health food store.
early 20th century: modern Latin, literally 'true aloe', probably in contrast to the American agave, which closely resembles aloe vera: both plants were formerly classified together in the lily family.
More definitions of aloe veraDefinition of aloe vera in:
- The British & World English dictionary