- 1Audibly; not silently or in a whisper: he read the letter aloudMore example sentences
- Proud of himself and unable to contain his joy, he began to read the letter aloud.
- It's an error in judgment so colossal that it can't even be whispered aloud.
- A mantra is the name of a sacred deity or a sacred phrase that you repeat silently or aloud.
- 2 • archaic Loudly: he wept aloudMore example sentences
- He was humming the song aloud and loudly, louder in fact than any man would have hummed it had he expected to bump into another human being.
- She wept aloud, the room filled with her cries of pain.
- Miranda was weeping aloud with the infant in her arms, as was Alannis standing beside her young lord.