adverb• archaic or • dialect
- 1Below; downward.More example sentences
- He then draws it alow; twofold is the reason why he must draw it alow.
- Stained and morning-breathèd, we woke in Atocha, to puissant concussions alow the ground.
- 1.1 Nautical In or into the lower part of a ship, e.g., down from the rigging, or below deck.More example sentences
- Meanwhile, if you don't mind, I'd like to go alow and rest down in your cabin.
More definitions of alowDefinition of alow in:
- The British & World English dictionary