- Any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of the adrenergic receptors responsible for increased blood pressure.More example sentences
- Because the alpha blocker lowers your blood pressure, it can make you feel tired or sleepy.
- Other high blood pressure medications your doctor may prescribe are diuretics, beta blockers, calcium antagonists and alpha blockers.
- Calcium channel blockers (eg nifedipine) or alpha blockers (eg prazosin) - these help widen the blood vessels.
More definitions of alpha blockerDefinition of alpha blocker in:
- The British & World English dictionary