Definition of alpha test in English:
A trial of machinery, software, or other products carried out by a developer before a product is made available for beta testing.
- This is necessary because we want to count pixel shader executions that also happen for pixels that fail the alpha test.
- During an alpha test last summer, the company began giving friends and neighbors access codes to dial up its Web site, offering free video rentals, a pint of ice cream, candy and soda to anyone who merely signed up.
- But, running two or three complete alpha tests at this point is going to save grief later.
verb(alpha-test) [with object] Back to top
Subject (a product) to an alpha test.
- It also said the part is the first mobile GPU to support transparency super-sampling and multi-sampling, enhancing the look of objects modeled in alpha-tested textures, such as chain-link fences, grass and trees.
- He has an alpha-testing lab of ten thousand people!
Definition of alpha test in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan