- Incomprehensible or confusing language, typically containing many abbreviations or symbols.More example sentences
- An alphabet soup of optical technologies is available, including CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and DVD-RW, with even more on the way.
- But the group didn't know which of Blue Cross's alphabet soup of plans - HMO, PPO, and so on - was best for the employees.
- In your company's alphabet soup of necessary abbreviations, you should already have reserved a spot for PHI - protected health information.
early 20th century: alluding to a kind of clear soup containing pasta in the shapes of letters.
More definitions of alphabet soupDefinition of alphabet soup in:
- The British & World English dictionary