nounchiefly North American
- The use of methods such as mediation and arbitration to resolve a dispute instead of litigation.More example sentences
- She points to the gradual shift away from litigation as a preference for alternative dispute resolution and mediation methods, largely because of an overloaded court system.
- That little pamphlet might be worth a second look, especially if it talks about arbitration or alternative dispute resolution.
- Ultimately, in the proper circumstances structured settlements are one of the most effective forms of alternative dispute resolution.
More definitions of alternative dispute resolutionDefinition of alternative dispute resolution in:
- The British & World English dictionary