- Any of a range of medical therapies that are not regarded as orthodox by the medical profession, such as herbalism, homeopathy, and acupuncture. See also complementary medicine.More example sentences
- Such contact could be an important step in the integration of complementary and alternative medicine with other medical services.
- I believe that alternative medicine should be used with treatment of any medical problem.
- Complementary and alternative medicine is undergoing much greater scrutiny than ever before.
More definitions of alternative medicineDefinition of alternative medicine in:
- The British & World English dictionary