noun (plural alumnae /-nē, -nī/)
- A female graduate or former student of a particular school, college, or university.More example sentences
- Usually it is not a matter of controversy when a distinguished alumna returns to her alma mater to address former mentors and current students.
- The core of any marketing strategy for new physicists is to bring alumnae and alumni into direct contact with students and faculty.
- I am a proud alumna of the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University.
late 19th century: from Latin, feminine of alumnus (see alumnus).
See alumnus (usage).
More definitions of alumnaDefinition of alumna in:
- The British & World English dictionary