Definition of alyssum in English:
noun (plural alyssums)
A herbaceous Eurasian plant that bears small flowers in a range of colors, typically white or yellow. Several kinds are widely cultivated in gardens.
- Genera Alyssum and Lobularia, family Brassicaceae: many species, including sweet alyssum (L. maritima), with fragrant white flowers
- We planted blue and white alyssums around her alder trees, and pink begonias around her house and gate.
- Reserve some space for colorful annuals like zinnia, marigold, calendula, alyssum, and cosmos.
- The most commonly planted rockery flowers are aubretia and alyssum.
Definition of alyssum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia