Definition of amberjack in English:
A large marine game fish found in inshore tropical and subtropical waters of the Atlantic and South Pacific.
- Genus Seriola, family Carangidae: several species
- In this scenario, salmon, cod, amberjack, red snapper, and other fish are raised in the cages and are fed ground fish meal from rafts on the surface.
- Like Majorca, the sea around Menorca abounds with shoaling barracuda, amberjack, dentex and dolphins.
- Some giant trevallies, the odd green jobfish and a solitary amberjack had paid us a visit, together with an ever-present and rather annoying pack of small reef sharks.
Definition of amberjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia