Definition of ambience in English:
noun[usually in singular]
1The character and atmosphere of a place: the relaxed ambience of the cocktail lounge is popular with guests
More example sentences
- So the ambience and atmosphere was scoring top marks so far - but let's get down to the food.
- It was a truly superb experience, the ambience and the atmosphere was incredible.
- Sunlight streams in through the windows, highlighting the artwork and contributing to the relaxed ambience.
1.1Background noise added to a musical recording to give the impression that it was recorded live.
- The ambience of the recording simply adds to the meditative, trance-like atmosphere.
- Audio cues such as engine noise, traffic ship whistle and sea sound add to the ambience.
- The hallmark sound for recording this record was the ambience and the brightness.