Denoting or relating to a high-fidelity audio system that reproduces the directional and acoustic properties of recorded sound using two or more channels.
- The microphone which we use is exactly the same one that we use to make the majority of our ambisonic recordings.
- At the present time it is a relatively easy task to make a first order Ambisonic recording.
- This project will involve the development of software designed to allow the dynamic placement of sounds within an ambisonic array of speakers.
noun(ambisonics) [treated as singular]
Ambisonic reproduction or systems.
- Beyond surround sound lie the developing technologies of wavefront synthesis and ambisonics, for example, which are much more capable of conveying the direction and even the size of a sound source.
- Despite its invention nearly 20 years ago, ambisonics has remained rather obscure to this day due to the fact that decoding processors have not been readily available.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of ambisonic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.