Definition of amelanchier in English:
A tree or shrub of a genus that includes the juneberries.
- Genus Amelanchier, family Rosaceae
- Another good choice is amelanchiers, or serviceberries, thin-skinned berries with a hint of cherry.
- The weeping cherry was in full bloom, and the crabapples and amelanchiers blooming too.
- I ordered several amelanchiers by mail in 1-gallon containers.
From French dialect amelancier 'medlar'.
Definition of amelanchier in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan