- The act of making something better; improvement: progress brings with it the amelioration of the human conditionMore example sentences
- For real amelioration in education is completely contingent upon complementary improvement in the wider societal context.
- This amelioration is for the most part subjective rather than objective - the individual feels better about him- or herself.
- Its thrust is towards amelioration of the poor and a lot of distance has been covered.
More definitions of ameliorationDefinition of amelioration in:
- The British & World English dictionary