Definition of amiable in English:
Having or displaying a friendly and pleasant manner: an amiable, unassuming fellow
More example sentences
- She was a very good looking woman, with an amiable and warm personality, but I didn't know her personally.
- A most amiable and kindly man, he was held in very high esteem and was a noted character in the area.
- Anyway, I found Andrea to be a perfectly amiable person, but that was not a universal view.
- Example sentences
- Natural amiableness is too often seen in company with sloth, with uselessness, with the vanity of fashionable life.
- Mr. Knightley expressed his disapproval of Frank's behavior and Emma's vision of him by contrasting what he called French amiableness with English amiableness.
- The images, varying in scale, approach and depiction, present a range of emotions and attitudes, all traveling forward to the next era with various degrees of purpose, amiableness and likelihood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan