noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- The group —NH2, present in amino acids, amides, and many amines.More example sentences
- In general, allergic reactions to amino esters are much more common than amino amides
- There have been numerous reports of abnormal accumulations of amino compounds and amines in tissues of nutrient-deficient plants.
- Natural proteins are made up of alpha-amino acids, which have a carboxyl group and an amino group separated by one carbon atom.
late 19th century: from amine.
More definitions of aminoDefinition of amino in:
- The British & World English dictionary