- An Arab ruler.More example sentences
- Following this remark, she has maintained that ‘the real power remained with Shajara, who ruled the kingdom in the name of the joint kings, in cooperation with the leading Bahri amirs such as Aqtai, Baybars and Balaban.’
- He covers the whole period, with a nice focus on the arts, architecture and like - not just amirs, kings and politics and such.
- The responsibility for the administration of the government in an Islamic state is entrusted to an amir who may be compared to the president or the prime minister in a Western democratic state.
More definitions of amirDefinition of amir in:
- The British & World English dictionary