- Of or containing ammonia.More example sentences
- Cupron is highly selective for copper ion in ammoniacal solution and for molybdenum in acid.
- The ammoniacal acetone supernatant containing extracted pigments was discarded, and the lipoprotein pellet was suspended in 2 mL of homogenization buffer.
- Current research has shown an increase in soil acidification through anthropogenic effects including acid precipitation and nitrification of ammoniacal fertilizers.
mid 18th century: from Middle English ammoniac, via Old French from Latin ammoniacus. This represented the Greek word ammōniakos 'of Ammon', used as a name for the salt and gum obtained near the temple of Jupiter Ammon (the Greek name for the Egyptian deity Amen) at Siwa in Egypt. Compare with sal ammoniac.
More definitions of ammoniacalDefinition of ammoniacal in:
- The British & World English dictionary