A white crystalline solid that slowly decomposes giving off ammonia and is an ingredient of sal volatile.
- Chemical formula: (NH4)2CO3. Commercial forms often contain other, related, salts
More example sentences
- Finally, if ammonium carbonate is placed in water, the weak base ammonium carbonate and weak acid carbonic acid are produced.
- This substance is known today as ammonium carbonate.
- Standing urine forms ammonium carbonate which is strongly alkaline.
Definition of ammonium carbonate in:
- The British & World English dictionary