Definition of ammunition in English:
1A supply or quantity of bullets and shells.
- Large quantities of ammunition and supplies had been stockpiled there.
- He is suspected of being a hired hitman able to supply guns and ammunition to contacts in the criminal underworld.
- By the winter artillery ammunition had been rationed to one or two shells per gun per day.
2Considerations that can be used to support one’s case in debate: these figures provide ammunition to the argument for more resources
More example sentences
- His 19 years in the Senate have provided plenty of ammunition for critics to portray him as inconsistent.
- But it provides more ammunition to those opposed to American corporate globalisation.
- First, never ask what they would like to wear - it'll only provide them with ammunition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan