- A plant of a group native to Mexico and the southern US whose roots are used as detergent, especially the soap plant or the lechuguilla.More example sentences
- A perennial in the lily family, the purple amole grows from a bulb and produces bluish-purple flowers.
- He tells of Christian merchants selling amoles, or bars of salt, arranged in great piles like walls, as well as of pieces of cloth, which the vendors measured on their arms.
- I've got the deer-brush spotted, and we'll pass an amole before we go very far.
mid 19th century: Mexican Spanish.
More definitions of amoleDefinition of amole in:
- The British & World English dictionary