- A secret or illicit love affair or lover.More example sentences
- There are endless secret passageways, multiple amours, and traitors in every corner.
- If he continues looking over his shoulder at your past amours, suggest to him, gently, that he is lousing up what otherwise would be very happy times.
- In the end, she reconciles her new amour with her personal philosophy of maintaining two lovers.
Middle English (originally in the sense 'love, affection'): via Old French from Latin amor 'love'. The current sense dates from the late 16th century.
More definitions of amourDefinition of amour in:
- The British & World English dictionary