- A broad-spectrum semisynthetic penicillin, closely related to ampicillin but better absorbed when taken orally, used especially for ear and upper respiratory infections.More example sentences
- If you are given treatment for a bacterial infection with the antibiotics ampicillin or amoxycillin, you may develop a rash of small red spots.
- For urinary tract infection, we examined resistance to ampicillin or amoxicillin and trimethoprim.
- The curative treatment recommended for endocarditis combines penicillin or amoxicillin with gentamicin.
More definitions of amoxicillinDefinition of amoxicillin in:
- The British & World English dictionary