noun (plural same)
Any of several woody vines of the grape family.
- Genus Ampelopsis, family Vitaceae: several species, including American ampelopsis (A. cordata), the pepper vine (ampelopsis arborea) and the porcelainberry (A. brevipedunculata)
More example sentences
- I don't think its a type of Ampelopsis although the leaves look similar.
- This variety of Ampelopsis is easily kept within bounds, it actually only climbs to 8 ft. or so.
- I have collected in the last quarter of a century more than 30 different varieties of Ampelopsis and Parthenocissus.
Definition of ampelopsis in:
- The British & World English dictionary