- A crustacean of the chiefly marine order Amphipoda.More example sentences
- In addition to fish, Pterois volitans feed on invertebrates such as amphipods, isopods, and other crustaceans.
- For example, crickets infected with bacteria, Drosophila infested with mites, and amphipods harboring trematodes all increase reproductive activity.
- Isopods and amphipods spend low tide buried in wrack, where variation in temperature and humidity is strongly damped relative to the exposed intertidal surface.
More definitions of amphipodDefinition of amphipod in:
- The British & World English dictionary