(also amtrack, amtrak)
- An amphibious tracked vehicle used for landing assault troops on a shore.More example sentences
- The redesign program was intended to return the amtrak to Marine Corps standards.
- As a result, the Marines would have to depend on thin-skinned amphibian tractors, or amtracs, barely tested at Guadalcanal.
- The authors also searched official archives for pictures that show the agonies of combat, and in these one often sees the very tanks and amtracs that still remain on distant invasion beaches.
More definitions of amtracDefinition of amtrac in:
- The British & World English dictionary