- An enzyme, found chiefly in saliva and pancreatic fluid, that converts starch and glycogen into simple sugars.More example sentences
- You need a supplement that provides all of the three main groups of enzymes - amylase, protease and lipase - to break down fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- The purpose of all this is to bring about chemical changes, of which the most important is the secretion by the growing embryo of an enzyme, amylase, which converts starch in the grain to maltose, a sugar.
- Liver enzymes, amylase, and lipase were normal, as was an upper abdominal ultrasound examination.
More definitions of amylaseDefinition of amylase in:
- The British & World English dictionary