Definition of an accident waiting to happen in English:
1A potentially disastrous situation, typically caused by negligent or faulty procedures.
- The situation was an accident waiting to happen.
- The situation is an accident waiting to happen and there are already frequent prangs and bumps around the junction.
- You would think anyone would immediately recognize the situation as an accident waiting to happen.
2A person certain to cause trouble.
- Idiots like this are an accident waiting to happen and, unfortunately, these accidents rarely affect just the drivers concerned.
- You have been an accident waiting to happen and have placed many of your fellow citizens in grave danger.
- Johnson was an accident waiting to happen and the big central defender, Robert Huth, who suffered at right-back against Bayern Munich, switched to the left where he looked even more uncomfortable and uncertain.
Definition of an accident waiting to happen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan