- Relating to or characterized by a strong emotional dependence on another or others: anaclitic depressionMore example sentences
- This comes in addition to other expressions that existed beforehand, such as anaclitic depression, thoughts and fears about death.
- Out of this process, the breakdown of the anaclitic identification with the mother, the ego emerges.
- Men tended to utilize the anaclitic choice, Freud thought, and women tend toward the narcissistic.
1920s: from Greek anaklitos 'for reclining', from anaklinein 'recline'.
More definitions of anacliticDefinition of anaclitic in:
- The British & World English dictionary