- An organism that grows without air, or requires oxygen-free conditions to live.More example sentences
- Major and limb-threatening infections usually are polymicrobial and may involve aerobic gram positive cocci, gram negative bacilli, anaerobes, and enterococci.
- Other normal inhabitants of the birth canal - staph, strep, diphtheroids, anaerobes, E. coli and Listeria - are other pathogens that may cause neonatal pneumonia.
- The most recently released agents have significant antimicrobial activity against gram-positive streptococci, atypical pathogens and anaerobes.
More definitions of anaerobeDefinition of anaerobe in:
- The British & World English dictionary