- What the scientists can do - and have done - is unite the in-focus elements of each picture in the series and create anaglyphs that present a three-dimensional view of the outcrop and the terrain of the crater floor.
- It's interesting to compare the latter images with Earth's Grand Canyon; see NASA's Visible Earth or this anaglyph (or, if you prefer, this ordinary stereogram) from the Eagle Eye Maps Experiments Page.
- These anaglyphs of Nirgal Valles and Maja Valles make it perfectly clear we're seeing deep flat-bottomed canyons with dune systems of some sort.
- It maintains traces of old murals and anaglyphs of early Christian symbols.
- Above, the king, protected by Isis, makes the offering of his anaglyph to Khonsu, who now wears the feathers that are more characteristic of Montu.
- Example sentences
- By doing this each eye is seeing only one part of the stereo pair used to make the anaglyphic image.
- And when using the anaglyphic glasses, the 3D effect is added by the unsharp fore- and background objects.
- A plasticon opened at the Rivoli theater in New York in 1922 which made novel use of the anaglyphic process.
Late 16th century (sense 2): from Greek anagluphē, from ana- 'up' + gluphē (from gluphein 'carve'). Sense 1 dates from the late 19th century.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of anaglyph in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.