- The inability to feel pain.More example sentences
- Most women in the United States deliver infants in hospitals where epidural analgesia or intravenous narcotics are the only pain-relief options.
- The association of maternal fever with epidural analgesia is well known.
- In Scotland, a conservative view by anaesthetists prevented patients with epidural anaesthesia / analgesia being nursed outside of high dependency units.
early 18th century: from Greek analgēsia 'painlessness', from an- 'not' + algeein 'feel pain'.
More definitions of analgesiaDefinition of analgesia in:
- The British & World English dictionary