Definition of anaphrodisiac in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) tending to reduce sexual desire.
- Well, I find that having someone approve of what I do has the same anaphrodisiac effect as a marriage licence.
- The herb is anaphrodisiac - which means it reduces sexual desire, particularly if it is pathological.
- The use of bromide (it has anaphrodisiac properties - opposite to aphrodisiac) was / is commonly used to keep troops at a low libido so they don't need to show off their masculinity and start fighting one another.
nounBack to top
An anaphrodisiac drug.
- Perhaps the most commonly used anaphrodisiacs in American society are alcoholic beverages and cigarettes.
- Yes, saltpeter has long rumored to be an anaphrodisiac, a substance that reduces sexual drive.
- Most people don't know what it is, but would have no trouble identifying an example of an anaphrodisiac.
Definition of anaphrodisiac in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India