Definition of anarchist in English:
A person who believes in or tries to bring about anarchy.
- They were made up of socialists, republicans, anarchists, revolutionary syndicalists and Catholics.
- There were four anarchists on the Military Revolutionary Committee which organised the insurrection in Petrograd.
- Simply put, it gets the public even more fearful of anarchy and anarchists.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or supporting anarchy or anarchists: an anarchist newspaper
More example sentences
- He met Lenin (who was anxious to draw in anarchist support) and clearly felt some sympathy for the Bolshevik leader.
- Jean Vigo was born on 26 April 1905, the only child of anarchist activists.
- My editor would probably die to know she's hired a socialist with anarchist leanings.
- Example sentences
- There is an incipiently anarchistic and subversive element to his work.
- Port Huron marked a milestone in the search for a genuine American radicalism based on many traditions, but most of all an egalitarian, almost anarchistic belief in democracy.
- Liddy's philosophy is a strange mixture of an anarchistic hatred of Government in the abstract and a cult-like worship of government when it is in the hands of the right.
Words that rhyme with anarchistYorkist • monarchist
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.