Definition of anarchist in English:
A person who believes in or tries to bring about anarchy.
- They were made up of socialists, republicans, anarchists, revolutionary syndicalists and Catholics.
- There were four anarchists on the Military Revolutionary Committee which organised the insurrection in Petrograd.
- Simply put, it gets the public even more fearful of anarchy and anarchists.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or supporting anarchy or anarchists: an anarchist newspaper
More example sentences
- He met Lenin (who was anxious to draw in anarchist support) and clearly felt some sympathy for the Bolshevik leader.
- Jean Vigo was born on 26 April 1905, the only child of anarchist activists.
- My editor would probably die to know she's hired a socialist with anarchist leanings.
- Example sentences
- There is an incipiently anarchistic and subversive element to his work.
- Port Huron marked a milestone in the search for a genuine American radicalism based on many traditions, but most of all an egalitarian, almost anarchistic belief in democracy.
- Liddy's philosophy is a strange mixture of an anarchistic hatred of Government in the abstract and a cult-like worship of government when it is in the hands of the right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan