Definition of anchusa in English:
An Old World plant of the borage family, often cultivated for its bright, typically blue, flowers.
- Genus Anchusa, family Boraginaceae
- South African relatives of viper's bugloss, anchusas bring much needed blue color to summer borders.
- These consist of pieces of root about 5cm in length taken from plants with fleshy roots, such as anchusas, oriental poppies, gypsophilas, verbascums, romneyas, seakale and horse-radish.
- Thus there are certain plants, by no means without ornamental value - moon and ox-eye daisies, anchusas, Japanese anemones, even Michaelmas daisies - which are apt to become a nuisance.
Definition of anchusa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan