Definition of anchusa in English:
An Old World plant of the borage family, often cultivated for its bright, typically blue, flowers.
- Genus Anchusa, family Boraginaceae
- South African relatives of viper's bugloss, anchusas bring much needed blue color to summer borders.
- These consist of pieces of root about 5cm in length taken from plants with fleshy roots, such as anchusas, oriental poppies, gypsophilas, verbascums, romneyas, seakale and horse-radish.
- Thus there are certain plants, by no means without ornamental value - moon and ox-eye daisies, anchusas, Japanese anemones, even Michaelmas daisies - which are apt to become a nuisance.
Definition of anchusa in:
- British & World English dictionary