Definition of androcentric in English:
Focused or centered on men: in the radical feminist view science is sexist and androcentric
More example sentences
- But most of the literature on globalization continues to be androcentric, ignoring the centrality of women to the economic restructuring of the years since the mid-1970s.
- Rather than offering a comprehensive account of objectivity, some feminists have offered methodological guidelines for avoiding the sexist and androcentric errors and biases that feminists have identified in mainstream science.
- Nonetheless, I am reminded of a remark that if science is androcentric, then this is the best endorsement for androcentrism that one can find.
- Example sentences
- The religious difficulty of paternal imagery is not primarily due to its androcentrism or patriarchy.
- So much of claimed rationality is in fact androcentrism masquerading as value-free objective analysis.
- Feminists criticize the misogyny of philosophers and the overt and covert sexism, androcentrism, and related forms of male bias in philosophy.
Definition of androcentric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan