noun (plural androecia /-SH(ē)ə/)Botany
- The stamens of a flower collectively.More example sentences
- The androecium of each flower had dehisced on the morning of sampling.
- Only at a fairly late developmental stage does the corolla finally overtop the androecium and gynoecium.
- However, their androecia and gynoecia present considerable diversity.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek anēr, andr- 'man' + oikion 'house'.
More definitions of androeciumDefinition of androecium in:
- The British & World English dictionary