Definition of androgen in English:
A male sex hormone, such as testosterone.
- Male steroid sex hormones, androgens, are produced in the testes.
- This means that it interferes with some of the actions of androgens (male sex hormones) within the body.
- Thus, fasciculata and reticularis cells can make corticosteroids and the adrenal androgens, but not aldosterone.
- Example sentences
- One of the earliest examples of a synthesized and enhanced steroid was the androgenic steroids called androgenic anabolic steroids, which are more potent than testosterone.
- Drugs commonly referred to as ‘steroids’ are classified as anabolic, androgenic, and corticosteroids.
- Of course, exercise and weight-training are the natural routes to achieve this, but it can be achieved more easily, albeit at greater risk to health and reputation, by injecting anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs).
Words that rhyme with androgenhallucinogen
Definition of androgen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India