- A relatively inactive male sex hormone produced by metabolism of testosterone.More example sentences
- For the male sex hormone the names androsterone and testosterone as specialized terms, and androgens as a collective term, became more frequently used.
- It is a necessary precursor of the estradiol (female sex hormone), androsterone (male sex hormone), and other hormones.
- As of now, however, the possible anticonvulsant effects of androsterone have not been well characterized.
More definitions of androsteroneDefinition of androsterone in:
- The British & World English dictionary