Definition of anemone in English:
1A plant of the buttercup family, typically bearing brightly colored flowers. Anemones are widely distributed in the wild, and several kinds are popular garden plants.
- Genus Anemone, family Ranunculaceae: numerous species, including the North American wood anemone (A. quinquefolia)
- Plant smaller bulbs such as crocus, anemones and ranunculus.
- Dowling's recommendations for winter production in colder regions: lilies, sunflowers, amaryllis, anemones and ranunculus.
- They also don't eat anemones, astilbes, junipers, foxgloves, daffodils, ferns, grasses and a whole host of things.
2 short for sea anemone.
- The hull here is rich in marine life - hydroids, tunicates, anemones and sponges.
- Some crabs actively seek anemones and sponges as epibionts that may be used for camouflage, and in some cases, as an emergency meal.
- You will find brightly coloured anemones, firebrick starfish and urchins.