- Genus Anemone, family Ranunculaceae: numerous species, including the North American wood anemone (A. quinquefolia)
- Plant smaller bulbs such as crocus, anemones and ranunculus.
- Dowling's recommendations for winter production in colder regions: lilies, sunflowers, amaryllis, anemones and ranunculus.
- They also don't eat anemones, astilbes, junipers, foxgloves, daffodils, ferns, grasses and a whole host of things.
- The hull here is rich in marine life - hydroids, tunicates, anemones and sponges.
- Some crabs actively seek anemones and sponges as epibionts that may be used for camouflage, and in some cases, as an emergency meal.
- You will find brightly coloured anemones, firebrick starfish and urchins.
Mid 16th century: from Latin, said to be from Greek anemōnē 'windflower', literally 'daughter of the wind', from anemos 'wind', thought to be so named because the flowers open only when the wind blows.
Words that rhyme with anemoneEmeny, hegemony, lemony, Yemeni
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.