Definition of aneurysm in English:
An excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall.
- An aneurysm is a swelling in part of an artery caused by damage to, or weakness of, a blood vessel wall.
- In patients without subarachnoid hemorrhage from a separate aneurysm, larger aneurysms also were more likely to rupture.
- For instance, if the aneurysm involves the arteries to the kidneys then surgeons need this information if they plan to operate.
- Example sentences
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with aneurysmal rupture is a potentially lethal event with a mortality rate as high as 50 percent.
- However, the vascular wall was intact without any aneurysmal dilation or communication with the hemorrhagic cystic lesion.
- The second patient described herein had aneurysmal changes with advanced degenerative disease.
Late Middle English: from Greek aneurusma 'dilatation', from aneurunein 'widen out'.
Words that rhyme with aneurysmverism • purism • Nazism
Definition of aneurysm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.