- An excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall.More example sentences
- An aneurysm is a swelling in part of an artery caused by damage to, or weakness of, a blood vessel wall.
- In patients without subarachnoid hemorrhage from a separate aneurysm, larger aneurysms also were more likely to rupture.
- For instance, if the aneurysm involves the arteries to the kidneys then surgeons need this information if they plan to operate.
- More example sentences
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with aneurysmal rupture is a potentially lethal event with a mortality rate as high as 50 percent.
- However, the vascular wall was intact without any aneurysmal dilation or communication with the hemorrhagic cystic lesion.
- The second patient described herein had aneurysmal changes with advanced degenerative disease.
late Middle English: from Greek aneurusma 'dilatation', from aneurunein 'widen out'.
More definitions of aneurysmDefinition of aneurysm in:
- The British & World English dictionary