Definition of anfractuous in English:
Sinuous or circuitous.
- Tired of hearing and reading too much ‘anfractuous remplissage’ - in other words, circuitous padding?
- There is what I suppose is intended to be the telling juxtaposition of different sorts of ‘conspiracy theories’, linked by the sort of anfractuous logic that informs Horowitz's ‘Discover the Network’.
- Certain bloggers revel in this kind of anfractuous illogic.
- Example sentences
- Will it result in a facile anti-reductionist anfractuosity so skilfully punctuated way back by E.H. Carr in his What is History?
- An anfractuous road would be full of windings; an explanation full of anfractuosity would be very intricate.
- This one was found by Florence Trentin in an anfractuosity of the reef.
Definition of anfractuous in:
- British & World English dictionary