An active bottom-dwelling cartilaginous fish with broad winglike pectoral fins.
- Family Squatinidae and genus Squatina: several species, in particular the Atlantic angel shark (S. dumerili)
More example sentences
- Miller and Turner speculate the shark may have resembled an angel shark, a ray-like bottom-dweller found in most temperate and tropical oceans.
- I hoped to encounter a much bigger creature, and after ascending 20m back up the cliff face through schools of pink and orange Atlantic damselfish, our guide signalled that he had indeed found a large angel shark buried in the sand below.
- The action is an attempt to reverse the alarming declines over the past decade of previously plentiful species including red snapper, angel sharks and abalone.
Definition of angel shark in:
- The British & World English dictionary