- Music has the power to seize the soul, to match anger with anger, grief with grief.
- But it is no small thing to see anger and resentment each and every time you try to open up.
- Any leader needs a strong and loyal party, not one riven with anger at how the leader came by his crown.
- His relationship with the Labour party was an uneasy one, with the political party wary of angering the man who owned newspapers sympathetic to Labour principles.
- The Government has delayed an announcement on third-level fees promised for this week, angering students.
- What is out-dated is the belief that it is possible to conduct politics by ignoring your allies and angering your enemies.
Middle English: from Old Norse angr 'grief', angra 'vex'. The original use was in the Old Norse senses; current senses date from late Middle English.
Anger is from Old Norse angr ‘grief’, angra ‘to vex’. Original use was in the Old Norse senses; current senses date from late Middle English.
Words that rhyme with angerclangour (US clangor), Katanga, languor, manga, panga, sangar, tanga, Tauranga, Zamboanga
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.