Definition of angiogenesis in English:
The development of new blood vessels.
- Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.
- Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.
- Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
- Example sentences
- In response to hypoxemia, tumors secrete angiogenic cytokines, such as vascular endothelial growth factor, inducing the formation of microvessels from the surrounding host vasculature.
- Epithelial cells are a rich source of cytokines, including the angiogenic chemokine CXCL5, and play an important role in vascular remodeling in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- The role of angiogenesis and angiogenic factors has been widely studied in models of pancreatic [beta] cell carcinogenesis.
Definition of angiogenesis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan