noun (plural angioplasties)
- Surgical repair or unblocking of a blood vessel, especially a coronary artery. See also balloon angioplasty.More example sentences
- Further cases may be detected by searching for coded coronary artery operations such as bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- Patients with coronary artery disease undergoing angioplasty should continue taking antiplatelet drugs as usual.
- This may require angioplasty or surgery to open narrowed or blocked blood vessels.
More definitions of angioplastyDefinition of angioplasty in:
- The British & World English dictionary