Definition of angiosperm in English:
A plant that has flowers and produces seeds enclosed within a carpel. The angiosperms are a large group and include herbaceous plants, shrubs, grasses, and most trees. Compare with gymnosperm.
- Subdivision Angiospermae, division Spermatophyta
- Like other seed plants, angiosperms are heterosporangiate, producing pollen and ovules in different organs.
- Were the first angiosperms woody trees and shrubs, or were they small herbs?
- A great variation in endosperm size is observed within angiosperms.
Definition of angiosperm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan