Definition of angwantibo in English:
noun (plural angwantibos)
A small rare nocturnal primate of west central Africa, related to the potto.
- Arctocebus calabarensis, family Lorisidae
- COA officials said that the angwantibo - a kind of loris originating in West African forest - has won the hearts of local people because of its tiny size of less than 30 cm.
- The angwantibo ranges in Cameroon and Nigeria, between the Niger and Sanaga Rivers.
- The lorises and related mainland African species (pottos, angwantibos, and galagos) are members of the Infraorder Lorisiformes.
mid 19th century: from Efik.
Definition of angwantibo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan