Definition of angwantibo in English:
noun (plural angwantibos)
A small rare nocturnal primate of west central Africa, related to the potto.
- Arctocebus calabarensis, family Lorisidae
- COA officials said that the angwantibo - a kind of loris originating in West African forest - has won the hearts of local people because of its tiny size of less than 30 cm.
- The angwantibo ranges in Cameroon and Nigeria, between the Niger and Sanaga Rivers.
- The lorises and related mainland African species (pottos, angwantibos, and galagos) are members of the Infraorder Lorisiformes.
Mid 19th century: from Efik.
Definition of angwantibo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.