Definition of anharmonic in English:
Relating to or denoting motion that is not simple harmonic.
- The anharmonic dynamics involve diffusive motion and allow sampling of different conformational substates.
- To make a rectifier, the researchers considered an anharmonic chain sandwiched between two harmonic caps, one with stiff springs - which vibrate at higher frequencies - and the other with more pliable springs.
- However, diffusive motion is present at all hydrations and temperatures studied, and the hydration-induced anharmonic motions are not required for activity.
- Example sentences
- The temperature dependence of the FIR absorbance suggests that the anharmonicity of the conformational potential can be quantified, and requires more thorough measurements of this temperature dependence.
- The observed solvent coupling leads to the question of whether the dynamical transition in a solvated protein is controlled by the solvent or whether the intrinsic anharmonicity of protein dynamics also plays a role.
- The onset of the anharmonicity occurs at temperatures that increase from ~ 180 K to 260 K upon decreasing hydration from 0.5 to 0.1 g saccharide/g D 2 O.
Definition of anharmonic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan